Strategically located as a gateway to both Africa and Asia, Mauritius is a stable, secure, diversified and globally competitive business hub
- Impressive track record, political stability and more than 3 decades of sustained economic growth.
- Efficiently regulated financial services centre.
- Well established banking institutions and an international stock exchange.
- Hybrid legal system based on English and French laws. The highest court of appeal is the Privy Council in the U.K.
- Freest and most business-friendly country in Africa.
- Preferential market access to Africa, Europe and the USA.
- No exchange control.
- Flexible, bilingual (English/French) and skilled workforce.
- Strategic Time Zone (GMT+4).
- No withholding tax on dividends, capital gains and interest.
- Network of Double Taxation Agreements.
- Pleasant living conditions.
- Peaceful, multiethnic with a unique lifestyle in a blend of cultures.
Mauritius offers a quality of life where you will find high standards of healthcare with public and private hospitals services by specialists with international qualifications and exposure.
Social harmony and cultural understanding makes it a model for successfully promoting the benefits of ethnic diversity and co-existence.
The education sector boasts several schools of international standard, both public and private, delivering the Cambridge University A’ levels, the French Baccalaureate and the International Baccalaureate. Several tertiary education providers can also be found, offering internationally recognised degrees and post-degree qualifications.
Over the island, several competitively priced luxury apartments, fully furnished villas and beach front residences are available. A few international property agents have appointed representative agencies locally.
For more information on Mauritius please visit the Board of Investment website:
The Board of Investment website :The Board of Investment (BOI) is the national investment promotion agency of the Government of Mauritius with the mandate to promote and facilitate investment in the country.
International Benchmarks : Mauritius is recognised by international organisations for continuous improvement in its doing business regime. The country is today acclaimed as a leading investment destination.
Financial Services Commission :
The Stock Exchange of Mauritius :